I usually make a list of goals at NYE for the following year but I’ve been inspired to write mine early this year. My friend Rob, who I met in Chicago actually on my travels this summer, is doing something inspirational. He is on a mission to complete 30 things in the year between 29 and turning 30. His blog is here: www.the30journals.tumblr.com if you fancy a read. So it has inspired me to write my own usual list but make it a little longer and publish it on my blog. Since a lot of it is related to travel it fits to be on my travel journal.
So whilst I’ll actually accomplish some of these things before we even get into 2014 (because I’m groovy like that).. I’m not going to start this list until next year. So everything will be done again, I like the satisfaction of achievement and crossing things off.
I’d say my goals go something like this for next year..
1. Take a Spanish class/start learning a decent amount of Spanish
2. Visit a new country in Europe
3. Travel to a new continent
4. Get my driving license (and if I’m too busy to do this there needs to be a good reason!)
5. Begin a new career in the travel industry.
6. Apply for the graduate schemes I want to do.
7. Begin making student debt repayments (boring I know but a weight off the shoulders)
8. Save enough money for a house deposit (might start renting again if I’m doing well but otherwise some hefty savings will be a good idea)
9. Visit a new part of the United Kingdom
10. Go on a family holiday (with immediate or in-laws)
Quite simple things but we’ll see what happens. 1, 3 and 4 would really make me happy if I can achieve those. And a continuos goal of mine is to get fit and healthy but that never seems to happen so I don’t even bother adding it to the list anymore 😉